Are you a brilliant writer with a flair for social media who loves interiors, design, gardening, art, food and travel?
Conde Nast’s iconic interiors title House & Garden is looking for a keen, efficient intern to work as part of the close-knit team behind its successful website HOUSE.
An understanding of social media and an interest in digital publishing is essential.
The role will include a range of duties, from general admin, to building and writing original content and social media.
As this is a small team, a can-do attitude and bags of initiative is vital – as is a keen eye for a story and great taste.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take a take first step in to the world of digital or lifestyle journalism.
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Build content from the print issue onto the website using a CMS every month.
- Post to social media on behalf of the magazine.
- Contact PR representatives, picture department, other editorial departments.
- Research and write own features/news pieces, sourcing imagery and information independently.
- Edit copy by checking spelling, grammar, facts.
Essential skills & requirements:
- Previous experience using a CMS would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of social media and the accounts of other magazine brands.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Enthusiasm for interiors, gardens, food and travel.
- Quick learner, who is willing to work independently.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent,and will have journalistic training or editorial experience
To apply email ONE document with the following cut-and-pasted into the email:
- One or two-page CV – keep it brief
- A 200 word news story that we could use on the site with pictures (can be chosen from the website)
- Examples of how you would post the story on social media
- 4 short pitches for feature ideas – these can be for any section of the site.
Apply online via this link: http://condenastuk.avature.net/careers/JobDetail/Online-Intern-HOUSE-by-House-Garden/892
No deadline given so HURRY as this is RARE opportunity!