Trinity Mirror Group is looking for a trainee or senior digital journalist to join their talented team producing content for the Leicester Mercury in their digital-first newsroom.
You will already have an understanding of the kind of high quality content which drives an engaged digital audience and ideas of how you will contribute to what they publish.
You will also be comfortable telling stories through words, pictures, audio, live blogging and through other interactive digital storytelling tools.
Above all, you should have the determination to stand out from the crowd in the next stage of their digital development.
You will create compelling, targeted content that drives outstanding digital engagement and plays a full part in growing audiences online and in print.
You will be comfortable using your advanced digital skills and analytics to win new audiences and explore opportunities for growth.
You will be responsible for helping the editorial team and the wider business to continuously innovate and change.
In order to succeed in this role you will:
- Deliver high quality, thoroughly researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content packages on a daily basis to agreed deadlines
- Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
- Have knowledge of social media and searching tools (i.e. Tweetdeck, Geofeedia) to dig out stories
- Have a knowledge of shareable content, audience behaviour and advanced digital storytelling skills – using third party tools
- Have an established presence on social media with a proven track record of running professional/brand accounts to a high standard
- Have live blogging skills, knowledge of best practice for live coverage and a good understanding and proven track record of what makes a live blog stand out
- Know how to shoot video, audio and pictures and edit where necessary
- Demonstrate a variety of ways to tell stories and a portfolio that contains different methods of digital storytelling
- Source third party content, including blogs, video, audio and pictures, where appropriate to add value to content packages
- Take responsibility for themes of content, such as geographic areas, campaigns or other areas of interest, as directed by the content desk
- Have a Trinity Mirror or equivalent journalism qualification (or relevant time-served experience) and up-to-date legal knowledge
- Be flexible around shifts and have a full driving licence
The deadline for applications is 7 June.
Find out more and apply via this link: http://jobsearch.trinitymirror.com/jobs/job/Digital-Journalist/5643