Looking for a Trainee Multi Media Journalism job in Hertfordshire or Essex? You’re in luck!
Trinity Mirror is has some fantastic opportunities for recent NCTJ-qualified graduates to join Trinity Mirror’s Hertfordshire and Essex newsrooms as they undergo a rapid expansion.
As a multimedia journalist trainee, you will generate story ideas, writing them with their digital audience in mind, create and curate further multimedia content and put together total content packages which work brilliantly across all platforms.
The role will require considerable flexibility and agility, however in return, this is the starting platform to a role as a fully-fledged journalist within 18 months to two years.
They expect a lot from their trainees, but in return for your effort and commitment they will give you comprehensive mentoring and support.
Teamwork, enthusiasm and professionalism are paramount to the company’s success and they need people who will get stuck in from day one.
You will create compelling content that drives outstanding digital engagement and plays a full part in growing audiences online and in print.
You will hold a NCTJ Journalism pre-entry qualification (or equivalent) 100wpm shorthand and be able to drive.
You will use your advanced digital skills and analytics to win new audiences and explore opportunism for growth.
You will be responsible for helping the editorial team and the whole business to continuously innovate and change to remain a successful media organisation.
In order to succeed in this role you will:
- Deliver high quality, thoroughly researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content packages on a daily basis to agreed deadlines
- Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
- Have knowledge of social media and searching tools (i.e. Tweetdeck, Geofeedia etc) to dig out stories
- Have a knowledge of shareable content, audience behaviour and advanced digital storytelling skills – using third party tools
- Have an established presence on social media with a proven track record of running professional/brand accounts to a high standard
- Have live blogging skills, knowledge of best practice for live coverage and a good understanding and proven track record of what makes a live blog stand out
- Know how to shoot video, audio and pictures and edit where necessary
- Demonstrate a variety of ways to tell stories and a portfolio that contains different methods of digital storytelling
- Source third party content, including blogs, video, audio and pictures, where appropriate to add value to content packages
- Take responsibility for themes of content, such as geographic areas, campaigns or other areas of interest, as directed by the content desk
The deadline for applications is Friday, 10 March BUT they will be considering applicants as they apply, so don’t delay in submitting your application.
Apply online via this link: http://jobsearch.trinitymirror.com/jobs/job/Multi-Media-Journalist-Trainee-Hertfordshire-Essex/5519