Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes – then look no further.
TheWeek.co.uk is seeking an experienced digital journalist for a one-year contract to cover the News Editor’s maternity leave. The contract will begin in June.
The Week, first published in May 1995, makes sense of the week’s news by distilling the best of the British and international media into 35 editorial pages. TheWeek.co.uk adapts that ethos for the web, digesting the most important stories of the day and setting them in their context.
Role responsibilities include:
- Work with the Editor and the audience development team to plan news coverage on TheWeek.co.uk.
- Draw up daily news lists for the website and The WeekDay news app.
- Commission stories from staff and freelance writers.
- Write news and occasional features stories.
- You will have significant experience as a digital news journalist and must be able to demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills.
- You’ll have experience reporting for a digital site, with knowledge of SEO best practice.
- You will be available for 12 months from the beginning of June 2017.
There’s no deadline for this role so apply ASAP via this link: http://www.denniscareers.co.uk/description/news_editor_-_the_week_online_(9_month_maternity_cover)/2304