Immediate Media title, olive, is looking to recruit a Sub Editor to join their London-based team.
The sub editor will work within the subs team and liaise and work with the wider editorial group across platforms to ensure a high standard of editorial quality throughout the brand.
They may be asked to work on extra material such as supplements, picture research, writing, etc, and will be expected to attend magazine events as a representative of the editorial team, when appropriate.
- Check copy to ensure it is grammatically correct, factually accurate, correctly spelt, reads well and maintains house style
- Send off and process nutritional information
- Fit text to the layout on Indesign set by senior magazine team
- Check copy for potential legal problems and alert senior members of the team/liaise with the legal team
- Check the work of other members of the team and make amendments to improve clarity
- Input copy onto Mac system, using InDesign and rewrite where necessary, using initiative and judgement
- Create picture captions, heads and sells and pull quotes as required, under supervision
- Liaising with external contributors and in-house teams including the art, marketing, reader offers and advertising departments to ensure copy/proofs/finals are distributed on time and correct
- Work on Indesign files of the magazine
- Ensure smooth production of the iPad app
- Input content to the CMS when required (including some Photoshop work)
- Process magazine pages in dialogue
- Ensure style sheet is kept up-to-date
- Manage freelancers workload
- Opportunities to pitch and write for the brand (restaurant reviews, travel reviews, etc) when required
- Opportunities to contribute to the podcast
- Would be expected to represent the brand at events/externally when required
- Experience working on a food magazine (&/or proven passion and knowledge for food and the food magazine industry) is essential
- Experience in subbing/editing copy
- Needs to be creative, come up with new ideas and initiatives and be proactive
- Must be a good planner and organiser and able to prioritise work
- Most have good composure and be cool under pressure/during deadlines, etc.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be competent with InDesign and professional subbing marks
- Must be digitally literate and have, at least, a basic knowledge of SEO
The deadline for applications is 4 May.
Apply online via this link: https://careers-immediatemedia.icims.com/jobs/1988/sub-editor%2c-olive-magazine/job