The BBC is looking to recruit a Development Researcher to join the in-house CBBC/CBeebies Development Team in Glasgow where you will be focussed on developing factual comedy entertainment content, from initial idea through pitch to commission.
The role is offered on a 12 months’ fixed term contract starting in April 2017.
They’re looking for people who love a great format, whether thats in a studio or out on location.
You should love contributor-led shows which celebrate people from all backgrounds and have the ability to make you laugh, and cry, within a single episode.
CBBC has multiple platforms to work across and theit audience are the first generation to embrace all of them, sometimes at once, so the ideas you develop shouldn’t just be for TV.
Role responsibilities include…
- To work as an integral part of the multiplatform Development team by helping to generate and research exciting ideas, developing fun formats and researching landmark content for new and existing factual, comedy and factual entertainment brands that will inspire and entertain their audience
- To provide support to the development team by undertaking research into any subject or issue relevant, using all sources of reference, including proper note-taking.
- Research may involve finding and contacting individuals and organisations or finding suitable locations
- To evaluate research in terms of programme aims and intentions, make preliminary selections and present findings either verbally or in writing.
- To work as part of a strong and effective team.
- Delivering to tight deadlines while maintaining the highest editorial standards.
- To set up filming for taster tapes.
- To bring existing production skills such as self-shooting and self-editing to enhance programme proposals produced by the team.
- To develop fun, robust formats which help prepare the audience for adult life
- Help to find new, diverse and relevant on-screen talent for CBBC
- While you can expect to be in the office for the majority of your time, this role involves travel to connect with local children or to attend filming locations, as required.
- You will be involved in all aspects of the development process from conception to delivery of taster/pitch documents
- Knowledge of Childrens content and recent in-house and independent production commissions is crucial.
- To encourage new and innovative ways of thinking and working.
The ideal candidate will have/be…
- Experience of writing compelling and passionate programme treatments and creating eye-catching materials that will help to secure commissions
- An understanding of the needs and profile of the CBBC audience
- Good scripting, structuring and story-telling skills and strong editorial judgement.
- Ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, prioritising, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities
- A good understanding of television production techniques and procedures.
- A proven track record in generating ideas for broadcast
- Ability to self-shoot, self-edit and produce presentations on PowerPoint or equivalent.
- Effective planning and organising skills is essential; specifically the ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, prioritising work flow and delivering consistently to deadlines.
- Having resilience to knock backs and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities
- A good knowledge of the BBCs Editorial Policy and Health and Safety Guidelines
- Ability to deal with complex and sometimes sensitive editorial issues
- An acute awareness of the importance and potential of multi-platform production
- Knowledge and understanding of the childrens audience and an awareness of CBBCs competitors
- Knowledge of BBC values
The deadline for applications is 2 April.
Find out more and apply via this link: http://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Researcher-CBBCCBeebies-Development/20444