The UK’s leading news and sport agency is looking for a talented graphic designer to produce exciting illustrations for the day’s biggest stories and make video and animated graphics using the latest programmes.
This is a maternity cover role based in Howden, East Yorkshire.
Key responsibilities include:
- Turning data and information from journalists into easy to understand graphics
- Liaising with reporters, newsdesk and digital teams to turn ideas into reality
- Research and collecting information
- Working to house style
- Reacting quickly to breaking news
- Designing for newspapers
- Producing responsive designs for online, mobile and social media
- Turning graphics into video using After Effects
- Fast, accurate vector drawing skills
- Experience of working in a fast-moving media environment
- Experience working on interactive graphics
- Self starter and ability to work alone
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
An interest in news, sport and current affairs is desirable, as well as interest in data journalism and graphic trends.
Experience of working for corporate customers is also desirable.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 23 February.